- Interesting to see that I had predicted Mobile Payments for 2012. I feel that for 2014, Financial institutions will accelerate initiatives on payments on alternate channels (mobiles, tablets, etc.)
- Another prediction for 2012 was Analytics. I have a slight change here. Social Media Analytics with the help of Big Data will be in focus for organizations who try to predict customer behaviour better. Acquisitions will be high in this space.
- Private cloud adoption will reach mainstream proportions. Even traditional organizations like Banks will increase investment in Private clouds
- Data Scientists will increase in their population and organizations will see the requests from existing employees increase for a shift to the sexy job of a data scientist.
- Gamification (my favourite) will make its impact in Enterprise – a tool similar to Yammer will make its presence felt.
What do you think? Do you have any other trend that you feel will make a mark in 2014? What is it?